AMD Unleashes World’s First 7nm GPU, the Radeon Pro W5700November 20, 2019
Earlier this year AMD released its consumer graphics cards that feature 7nm fabrication and are geared towards gaming, the Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards. The RX 5000 lineup was initially composed of Radeon RX 5700, Radeon RX 5700 XT, and RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edtion. And just recently, the RX 5000 family welcomed the 1080p focused Radeon RX 5500 graphics card.
Key capabilities and features of the AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card include:
· High-Performance AMD RDNA Architecture – Features a redesigned geometry engine and compute units, delivering up to 25 percent higher performance-per-clock1 and up to 41 percent higher average performance-per-watt2 than the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
· Exceptional Power Efficiency – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise’s intelligent power optimization, coupled with the power-efficient AMD RDNA architecture and 7nm process technology, enables the Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card to provide up to 18 percent better system efficiency than the competitive product.
· Accelerated CPU/GPU Multitasking – Provides outstanding multitasking performance even in the most demanding situations, such as continuing to model while rendering a visualization in the background, providing up to 5.6X the application workflow performance with CPU load than the competition in the SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark.
· Professional-grade Software – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise delivers professional-grade quality, continuous performance improvements and robust security as well as industry-leading features, including AMD Remote Workstation that allows professionals to work virtually from anywhere with feature and performance parity with the workstation GPU on their desk.
· Innovative VR Software Features – AMD Radeon™ ReLive for VR enables professionals using AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics cards to wirelessly visualize their creations with VR-capable applications and select standalone VR headsets, such as the HTC VIVE Focus™ Plus.
· High-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 – The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 is the first PC workstation graphics card to support PCIe® 4.0, delivering double the bandwidth of PCIe® 3.0 to enable smooth performance for GPU-intensive applications.
- Compute Units: 36
- TFLOPS (FP32): up to 8.89
- Memory Type: GDDR6
- Memory Size: 8GB
- Memory Bandwidth: up to 448 GB/s
- Display Output: 6
The Radeon PRO W5700 will be available starting today and will carry a SEP of USD $799.